Friday, April 4, 2014

On tour

Well, this is one of those weeks where Mary and I part ways while I venture overseas for work while she holds down the fort in Houston.

I would normally document my travels on my old blog, but as we're working to keep this blog more interesting and up to date, I'll be posting my adventures in London here each day.

The trip began with a morning at the office, an after lunch meeting with my MS 150 volunteers, and then an afternoon in the United Club at IAH while I wait for my flight to Heathrow.

Meanwhile Mary is partying with her relatives who are all going to see her very talented cousin at the Houston Opera tonight. As her aunt and uncle are sailors, they may even take Gimme Shelter for the first sail of the year without me tomorrow.

Hopefully the flight to London will be smooth, and I'll be able to get some sleep. I'm slated to join the Globetrotters Club tomorrow for their monthly meeting for a lecture regarding a photo project in Georgia and a lecture from a photographer who walked 1,000 miles across Asia. 

Sunday I have a friend from the Leica User Forum meeting me at the hotel for a photowalk through Brick Lane and some fish and chips.

Monday, I actually have to report to the London office and do some work.

Photos of the adventures will be forthcoming. We'll see if Mary actually keeps up her end of the blog from the Americas.

No comments:

Post a Comment